Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I am a blog slacker

I can't believe that I haven't been back on here to write. It seems like I am avoiding, yet not really. I have come to realize that I have to work through my weight loss and my grieving at the same time and it isn't easy. I tend to get overwhelmed in my grief that I start to emotionally eat and then it sets back my weight loss. This isn't something that I haven't said before. Yet, it feels "new" when I write it in here again. It is as if I don't remember saying it before, but if I go back and read the blog, then I remember that I HAVE said it before and then it becomes redundant. I feel like I have to keep reminding myself that ROME wasn't built in one day. I keep hearing people tell me that I am losing weight, yet I struggle to see it for myself. I think in part because I am still wearing the same clothes. Probably to my demise. I am, however, working towards getting better.
So, I went to my surgeon appointment last week on the 5th and got released to get my first fill. I lost 4lbs since surgery day. That was nice, yet underwhelming. I was feeling like I was coming down with a cold or something, but was able to get an appointment at True Results for the next morning. Thank goodness I know who to call in order to get in. I got to that appointment and saw Roxanne for the first time in a month and she was as excited to see me as I was to see her. It felt good to have someone who genuinely cared about how I was doing. She read over the chart and true to form, it was just a patch job. I had HIGH hopes that I wasn't just mended, but apparently the only replacement was the port. She did a pull of the fluid in the band and it was 2.4 cc and so she put in .6 to make me reach 3 cc.
As of this morning I think I am down another 2-3 lbs since last week.
I left the fill visit and called my PCP and got an appointment right away. I know my body and I knew that the tickle in my throat that turned to hurt after two days was strep. I just knew. Irritates me yet I am glad that I listened to myself and went in to the doctor. I got a shot. My throat started feeling better, but Justice started barking and I was barking and so I took him to the pediatrician on Friday. He was negative for strep on the fast results, but she sent off for the two day swab. I got a call yesterday saying that his test did come back with some bacteria growing so she called in a script. I called my doctor because my chest cold wasn't going away. I got called in a script, but the pharmacy didn't have the medicine, so I have to go back today to get it. I am glad that I got Justice started though. Hoping that by this weekend we both with be free and clear of this yuck yuck. I feel like I have bronchitis because my chest is heavy and green stuff isn't the norm for me or anyone for that matter. Hell, I should have become a doctor. I am getting good and diagnosing myself. LOL.

So, I haven't been on the treadmill in a couple of days and am so ready to get back on it. I just haven't had the energy to get on it. I can't go to the gym until I get this antibiotic in me because the last thing I need is more germs invading my body. Ugh. Enough already!

I weighed this morning. My scale said 314.8. My scale is 5 lbs off from the doctor's office, but I like to keep my weight by my scale. Keeps me level headed I guess. I am so ready to be under 300!

No comments:

Post a Comment