Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hitting the Refresh Button

Wednesday,  1/30/13.  Last night I went to the support group meeting. I was hesitant since I was not really feeling like I could motivate anyone else and I was certain that no one wanted to hear that I was going to have to do this all over again. But, alas, I went there anyway. I got there and talked to the NP that had helped me before and she is also over the support group night. Well, I told her about the surgeon visit and how I was waiting on someone from True Results to call me back and she said "well, that should be the office manager and she is still here." She went in there and told her that I was at the meeting and that I was waiting on a call back about surgery and she called me in to her office. I got set up for Friday. Alberto came to the meeting and showed quite a few exercises to the group. These were easy yet effective ways to work out at home. It was refreshing. Just what I was needing.
I forgot to ask her if the procedure was covered last night so I called and left a message this morning. I called again before lunch and then again after lunch. Finally, I got her on the phone to clarify. Nope, the surgery is covered. Whew! I got a call around 3 pm and my "port revision" is scheduled for Friday at 9am.  I say that loosely, because Dr. Hollis might just take it all and replace it all. He might as well make sure that we don't have to do this again!
Perspective : that moment when you realize that you have come a long way, yet still have a long ways to go. I've got to remember to count my blessings more than my failures or disappointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment